Charging electric vehicles in the evening creates a peak demand when renewable electricity production is lower.
As a result:
- Electric vehicles do not charge with electricity from renewable-energy sources
- Expensive grid reinforcement is required to limit peak demand.
Without Vehicle to Grid
With Vehicle to Grid
Information and Communication Technologies can help to structure and maximize the synergies between electric vehicles and local renewable energy sources, thereby optimizing the electricity grid.
A smarter electricity grid for people, planet & profit
The electricity grid is used as energy buffer, on a daily and a seasonal scale. Large amounts of local energy and EVs cause grid-stress. SEEV4-City aims to provide sustainable solutions.
6 SEEV4-City Operational Pilots demonstrate:
- Reduction of CO2 emission
- Increased energy autonomy
- Optimized grid performance
More information about the project can be found on: